Classic Sloppy Joes
Quick and easy homemade sloppy joes! Full of classic, delicious flavors with everyday ingredients.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce (A-1)
- 1/2 cup tomato soup concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Hamburger buns, for serving
Heat a large, non-stick skillet to medium-high. Add ground beef and onion then cook until meat is browned. Drain excess grease.
Add ketchup, Worcestershire, steak sauce, tomato soup, curry, sage, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir until combined well.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
Serve on buns.
- We like to add sliced dill pickles to ours.
- Freezes well! I like to double this and freeze excess for an even easier future dinner.