Antipasto Stromboli is a hearty appetizer or it can be served as a quick dinner. Ready-made pizza dough makes this simple and the variety of filling options are sure to please everyone from kids to adults. It’s filled with all of the delicious ingredients that you would find in your favorite antipasto salad-Ham, salami, pepperoni, artichokes, pepperoncini, olives, cheeses, etc. So many possibilities!
- 1 tube ready-made pizza dough (13.8 oz)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 3-4 oz salami, pepperoni, or sopressatta (any thinly sliced Italian meat)
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
Other optional ingredients:
- Sliced black or green olives
- Chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- Sliced roasted red peppers
- Fresh herbs-basil, oregano, or parsley
Preheat oven to 400°.
Melt butter and stir in garlic. Set aside but keep warm and melted.
Unroll pizza dough and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (or line with non-stick foil or use cooking spray). Press out dough with hands to form a 12x8 rectangle.
Brush half of melted garlic butter on the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese then layer the meats over the dough evenly. Next, sprinkle with pepperoncini (and any other optional ingredients of your choosing).
Roll up the dough (like cinnamon rolls) and pinch edges to seal. Make sure seam side is down.
Brush with remaining melted garlic butter, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan. Cut several 2-inch slits along the top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then cut into slices. Serve with warm marinara sauce.