Black-eyed peas, corn, bell peppers and other vegetables are combined with a Mexican vinaigrette for the most mouth-watering, delicious dip!
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Add black-eyed peas, corn, peppers, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic to a medium sized bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salsa. Stir to combine well. Cover and let marinate in fridge for two hours before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips, over grilled chicken or fish, or as a side salad.