Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos
Warm flour tortillas are filled with refried black beans, potatoes, eggs, cheese, bacon and all the fixings to make perfect Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos.
- Flour tortillas (soft taco or street sized), warmed
- 16 oz bacon
- 1 can refried black beans,
- 10 eggs
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterrey Jack)
- avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Cook bacon using preferred method until crisp. Drain and set aside.
Heat refried beans in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Set aside.
Sauté peppers and onions in oil until softened.
Sauté potatoes in a non-stick pan using oil until tender and crispy. Season how you prefer, i.e. salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, etc.
Scramble eggs using preferred method. Add about 3/4 cup cheese to the eggs.
Assemble the tacos by smearing refried beans onto the warm tortilla. Add potatoes, eggs, peppers, and onions. Top with avocado slices, salsa, extra cheese, and cilantro.
- For the potatoes, you can use frozen hashbrowns or cubed potatoes for a quick shortcut.