Classic southern dish made with spaghetti, cheese, vegetables and cream soup. Chicken Spaghetti is the ultimate Texas comfort food!
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup yellow or white onion, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 4 oz jar pimentos, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x13 pan by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, add chicken broth, onion, bell pepper, and celery seed. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
In a large bowl, add pimentos, soup, and Velveeta. Pour the broth mixture over and stir to combine. Stir in 1 cup cheddar. Add cooked spaghetti and chicken and stir until everything is combined well.
Pour spaghetti mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- If cooking your own chicken, make sure to season it first with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. If using rotisserie or canned chicken, no need to season.
- This is a great freezer meal! Divide into two smaller pans and freeze one for later.
- You can use fresh celery (1/2 cup) in place of celery seed if desired.