Primavera Orzo with Lemon Feta Dressing
Crunchy asparagus, spinach, peppery arugula, and orzo are tossed with a bright, tangy lemon feta dressing that makes you want to keep coming back for more.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
For the Lemon Feta Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook orzo according to box directions. Rinse with cold water to cool down, drain, set aside.
Heat a large skillet to medium-high and add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add asparagus and cook until crisp tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a plate to cool.
Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
In a large bowl add orzo, asparagus, spinach, arugula, oregano and dressing. Toss until combined well. Top with more feta if desired. Serve room temp or cold.
- Will last for 3-4 days refrigerated. If leftovers become a little dry, just drizzle a little olive oil on and toss to "freshen up."