Creamy Pasta Primavera
Pasta, rotisserie chicken, and homemade alfredo are cooked with an abundance of fresh vegetables and herbs. Make it your own with whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you have on hand.
- 16 oz penne or bowtie pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into half-moons
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (or matchstick)
- 8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, broccoli, squash, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cream cheese, heavy cream, Parmesan, salt and pepper to the vegetable mixture. Stir for a few minutes until everything melts and thickens a little.
Add parsley and chicken then stir to combine. Add drained pasta and stir until pasta is coated in sauce. Garnish wish more parsley and Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.
- Many different vegetables can be subbed or added to those used in this recipe such as green beans, asparagus, zucchini, red onion, and tomatoes as well as other herbs such as rosemary or basil.
- Make this vegetarian by omitting the chicken.