Breakfast Casserole Croissant Boats
Croissants are hollowed out and filled with an egg mixture full of your favorites like crispy bacon, veggies, and cheese then baked until golden and fluffy.
- 6 large croissants
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Other ingredient ideas:
- Cooked, crumbled sausage
- Sliced mushrooms
- Baby spinach
- Diced tomatoes
- Other cheeses: mozzarella, Monterrey jack, gruyere
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet (or two) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Using a serrated knife, score the top of the croissants in a "boat" shape then pull out the bread making a "bowl." Be careful not to tear a hole in the sides or bottom.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Stir in bacon, veggies and cheese.
Place croissants on baking sheet then use a measuring cup or small ladle to fill the boats with the egg mixture. The egg will seep down into the croissant but it's ok.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg is set.
- For the discard croissant pieces, just eat them or toast them in the oven with the boats to enjoy warm.
- For picky eaters or more versatility, add the meat, veggies and cheese individually to the boats after pouring plain egg mixture in.