Sweet & Spicy Herb Roasted Carrots
Fresh carrots are roasted in honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic, cayenne and fresh herbs for the tastiest carrots you'll ever have.
- 1 lb fresh whole carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 375° F. Place carrots on a baking sheet. Line with parchment or non-stick foil first if desired for easier clean up.
In a small bowl, add oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, parsley, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine then pour over carrots. Place sprigs of thyme on top of carrots.
Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Use tongs to turn carrots over then roast for 15-20 more minutes or until desired tenderness.
Serve immediately and sprinkle more fresh herbs on top if desired.
- Baby carrots can be used as well. Halve them lengthwise if they are "fatter."