Move over pumpkin cookies because I’ve got something even better…Loaded Pumpkin Blondies. These are, hands down, mine and my family’s favorite pumpkin dessert. I know that’s saying a lot but just LOOK…
The base is a perfectly moist, fluffy, thick pumpkin blondie that is chock full of baking chips galore and caramel. They stay soft for days and they have been known to turn a few pumpkin haters in my life into pumpkin LOVERS. Let’s take an even closer look…
You’re going to see 17 ingredients on the recipe below but don’t freak out! They are called “loaded” for a reason and are so easy to throw together. Need to clean out all of your baking chips? This recipe is for you! They are “loaded” with white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, toffee pieces and caramel. If you like nuts you could totally add those too! You have to add these to your fall baking list!
How to Make Loaded Pumpkin Blondies
First, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl which include flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt.
Next, mix the wet ingredients together which include melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Whisk together, add the dry ingredients to the wet, then combine well.
Then load them up! Fold in the white and semi sweet chocolate chips, cinnamon chips and toffee pieces. Cinnamon chips are sometimes hard to find so replace them with butterscotch chips if needed. Both are amazing! Add 2/3 of the batter to a greased baking dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 10 minutes then pour 1/2 cup of your favorite caramel sauce over the top.
Finally, drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls to the top of the caramel layer. Don’t worry about spreading because it will happen naturally as it finishes baking.
Bake for about 30 more minutes then let set for 15 minutes before cutting and serving. It will be hard to wait because your home will smell like heaven but they are much easier to cut and won’t burn your mouth off if you do.
Serving the Blondies
You can serve individual pieces of the Loaded Pumpkin Blondies with extra caramel if desired. They do look so pretty with it drizzled on! Take these to your next party, make them for an after school treat, or make them and hide them in your closet. Whatever you do, just make them ASAP and leave a comment or tag me on social media with your review!
Loaded Pumpkin Blondies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup Heath Bits toffee chips
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce,
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, combine the butter and both sugars. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin then mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the white and semi-sweet chips, toffee pieces and cinnamon chips.
- Pour 2/3 mixture into prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread the thick mixture to the edges. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove blondies from the oven and pour caramel sauce over top evenly. Drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls over the top. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and center is set.
- Let cool 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.