Introducing…your new favorite cookie! My Churro Toffee Cookies might be my proudest creation yet. My husband described them as “snickerdoodles on steroids!” Haha! They are so soft, bursting with cinnamon flavor, full of crunchy toffee bits and finished off with a white chocolate drizzle. They are my go-to cookie when taking a treat to a friend. When you bake them for friends or family, they WILL ask for the recipe so be prepared to give it to them!
Disneyland Inspiration for Churro Toffee Cookies
Back in October my family and I went to Disneyland. Beforehand I, of course, made a list of all the foods and treats that I wanted to eat. One thing that kept popping up on all the Disney food-related accounts that I follow was “churro toffee.” It looked like something most people would pass up, though. Kind of boring and not colorful like all of the other treats that fill the bakery cases at Disneyland. However, if that many people were obsessed with it, Churro Toffee must be worth a try. Oh my goodness I fell in love! It’s basically a large square of perfectly crunchy English toffee, dipped in white chocolate, then generously coated in cinnamon sugar. I didn’t even get a great picture because it’s not that photogenic but here’s one I found online in stock images:
I’m so glad that I tried the Churro Toffee! On the way home from our trip I could NOT stop thinking about it. I didn’t want to totally recreate it but wanted to make a dessert inspired by the flavors. These cookies have been in my head for 2 long months. I’m so happy that I finally got them in my belly! Churro Toffee Cookies are the softest snickerdoodle type cookie with Heath chips added in. The toffee chips melt and are so soft! White chocolate is drizzled over the top with extra toffee chips for that crunch needed to taste exactly like a cookie version of Disneyland Churro Toffee. Y’all HAVE to make these cookies for the holidays!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Items on sale the week of December 10-16: flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, Heath toffee chips, white chocolate chips. All ingredients!
Churro Toffee Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz Heath Bits O' Brickle toffee chips, divided
For the cookie coating
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
- Remaining toffee chips, about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla then beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in small amounts. Scrape sides as needed.
- Add 1 cup toffee chips and mix until just combined.
- Make the coating by combining sugar and cinnamon in a small, shallow bowl or plate.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of cookies then roll them into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. (I use a 1.5 inch scoop) Roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat completely. Arrange cookies on a baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies should be very light brown around edges with done.
- Allow to cool on sheet pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies have completely cooled, drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle toffee bits on top.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.