Who is ready for summer? With all the craziness of the last few months I am very ready! Not only am I a mom but I am also a teacher so I am celebrating school being out. No more “distance learning!” When I think of summer, I think of watermelon. Fun fact-I HATED watermelon my entire childhood! It wasn’t until I was 17 and at a summer camp that I started liking it. My job for the day was helping in the kitchen and it was a sweltering Texas summer. I had to cut up buckets and buckets of watermelon for the campers. It was so hot and I was so thirsty that I took a bite and it was like heaven! I’ve been a fan ever since! What better way to kick off summer than with my Watermelon Mint Limeade?!
Just 3 ingredients are transformed into the most refreshing summertime drink! My kids and I love this so much and drink it often during the hot summer months. We even love pouring it into popsicle molds for a yummy, icy treat!
So delicious and refreshing! Watermelon Mint Limeade is the drink that you’ll have on repeat all summer long! Cheers to life getting back to normal and happy summer days ahead!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Items on sale through May 25: watermelon and limeade.
Watermelon Mint Limeade
- 10-15 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- 1 can frozen limeade, slightly softened
- Fresh mint, small handful
- Place 4-5 cups at a time of cubed watermelon in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a mesh strainer that is over a bowl.
- Continue blending and straining watermelon until you get 5 cups juice.
- Add strained watermelon juice back to blender then add frozen limeade and mint. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately over ice.
Leave a Reply