Meatloaf in 30 minutes? Yes please! That’s how quick these muffin-sized mini meatloaves are and, of course, they are packed with delicious flavors. 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes in the oven and my BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf Minis are ready to devour. Add some mashed potatoes and a veggie and it’s pretty much the perfect dinner.
I am a huge fan of ground turkey! My Turkey Apple Swedish Meatballs are a new family favorite and my Turkey Burgers are honestly the best I’ve ever had. One reason I’m such a fan is that the meat is leaner and healthier. It also has a mild flavor that can take on any variety of ingredients. I prefer the 85% for formed patties like burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf. The leaner ground turkey I use when I need to cook and crumble it like with tacos, spaghetti, etc.
The mixture for the meatloaf comes together so quickly! Just add eggs, breadcrumbs, diced fresh onion, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, cubed cheddar, and a drizzle of your favorite BBQ sauce. Scoop and add to muffin tins then it’s ready to bake!
How to Serve the BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf Minis
We like to eat these with mashed potatoes and green beans. It’s the easiest dinner for weeknights and everyone loves this meal so much. My recipe makes 18 BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf Minis which is a lot. Y’all know I like to cook once and eat twice or even three times. These make great food prep for the week! Between my husband and I taking them to work for lunch, they don’t last long. If you do need to half the recipe, it should be pretty easy to do.
I love how the cheese melts perfectly throughout and pairs so well with the BBQ sauce and other seasonings. I actually prefer these BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf Minis over basic meatloaf with ground beef. You just can’t go wrong with a recipe like this. It’s bursting with delicious, classic flavors and so easy to love!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Items on sale the week of November 3-9: Ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, dried parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, cheddar, BBQ sauce
BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf Minis
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian or Garlic Herb
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, cubed small
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray cups of two muffins tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire to a large bowl. Mix well (I used gloved hands).
- Add cubed cheddar and mix.
- Using a large cookie scoop or spoon, add about 1/3 cup meat mixture to muffin tins. Drizzle tops with BBQ sauce. Should make about 18 mini loaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Serve immediately.