You know the saying “easy as pie?” Well, this recipe is “EASIER than pie!” My Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are my favorite way to enjoy pecans and much easier than the pie form of this classic dessert.
Seriously, don’t you just want to dive in to that stack of deliciousness? The crust is a simple, buttery shortbread that has a hint of cinnamon. The filling is everything you want in a good pecan pie filling with the addition of chocolate chips. Once cooled, they slice up perfectly and keep for days!
How to Make the Shortbread Crust
The crust only has five ingredients! I told you it was simple! Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then add softened butter and cut in with a pastry blender, two forks, or your hands.
Once it is combined well and there are no dry flour bits, pour into the prepared baking dish and press evenly.
Next, bake for 10 minutes before adding the filling. This is the best shortbread crust and could work for a variety of things.
Making the Filling for the Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
The filling only has seven ingredients! To a bowl, add eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk to combine well then stir in pecans and chocolate chips. That’s it!
Pour onto the pre-baked crust and place back in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Wasn’t that easy? Now, you’re going to want to dig in right away because your home will smell amazing but you have to wait for them to cool. Once they’re cool, lift out the bars with the tin foil and slice into squares.
My Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars have been know to turn pecan pie haters into lovers. There’s just something about the shortbread crust and the portable gooey squares that make these irresistible. They are perfect for the holidays so make them and watch them disappear!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale November 10-16: butter, eggs, chocolate chips
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
For the shortbread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
For the filling:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9X13-inch baking dish with non-stick tin foil or regular foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly but evenly and well combined. Press the crust evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs then add corn syrup, sugar and vanilla. Stir to combine. Stir in melted butter, followed by pecans and chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and set. Cool completely. Lift the bars out of the pan with the foil, cut into squares and serve.