Spring is here and I am so happy! I absolutely love spring/Easter dishes and desserts and of course love to share them with you. My favorite spring dessert is carrot cake and I enjoy creating those same flavors in unique ways like with my Carrot Cake Trifle. My newest creation is Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Frosting and they are so much fun to make and so delicious!
Aren’t they so cute? The cookie is made with a “doctored up” cake mix that includes only four ingredients. The pineapple frosting is just as simple with only four ingredients as well. Top them with chopped pecans for a little crunch and you have yourself the perfect little spring cookie!
Your Shopping List
- Carrot Cake Mix
- Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- Confectioners sugar
- Cream cheese
- Crushed pineapple
How to Make Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Frosting
As I mentioned before, these cookies are so simple to make. Perfect for getting kids in the kitchen to help too! Just add the cake mix, egg, applesauce and shredded carrot to a bowl and mix.
Once it is mixed, this next step is SUPER important. You must chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. If you don’t, they will not turn out! Bake the cookies and let cool completely before frosting.
Next, mix the frosting using butter, confectioners sugar, crushed pineapple and cream cheese.
Frost the cooled cookies and top with chopped pecans. If you don’t like pecans, you could use walnuts or leave them off altogether. I love the texture and flavor that the pecans provide though. Store leftover cookies in the fridge. They keep well for up to 3 days.
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace and the featured recipe that will be on display in all stores for the month of April.
Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Frosting
- 1 box carrot cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded carrots
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons drained crushed pineapple
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix cake mix, applesauce, egg and carrots until combined.
- Place batter in refrigerator and let chill for 20-30 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a 1.25 inch cookie scoop, place scoops of dough (2 inches apart) on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is just set. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together. Add pineapple and mix well. Slowly mix in confectioners sugar.
- Spread frosting onto tops of cooled cookies then sprinkle with pecans.
- Store leftover cookies in the refrigerator in a covered container.
Leave a Reply