I’m just going to go ahead and get this song in your head because you’re going to be singing it before the end of this post…”You put de lime in the coconut…” My Frozen Coconut Lime Pie will have you dancing in the kitchen and singing that song all day long. It is hands down, my favorite frozen pie! Creamy lime filling in a coconut graham cracker crust…absolute heaven!
My mother-in-law made a version of this years ago and I fell in love! It quickly became my go-to summer dessert. One of my favorite flavor combos is coconut and lime so I started thinking of a way to incorporate coconut into the recipe. The crust! I decided to add coconut to the crust and it took this pie to another level! The coconut gets nice and toasty with the graham cracker crust in the oven. It adds the perfect amount of coconut!
Let’s Make the Frozen Coconut Lime Pie
Here is the entire “cast of characters.” It’s hard to believe that 8 simple ingredients turn into the most mouthwatering frozen pie ever!
Let’s start with the crust which is a classic graham cracker mixture with the addition of coconut.
3 Ingredient Filling
The filling only has 3 ingredients! Three! Limes, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy whipping cream. Also, if you don’t have a microplane for zesting and a good manual juicer, get them! I use both all of the time.
First, combine lime juice, lime zest, and sweetened condensed milk. Then, whip one cup of heavy cream and fold in.
Pour the creamy lime mixture into the cooled pie crust and freeze. That’s it! The only thing left to do is make more whipped cream for serving.
It’s the most refreshing, silky smooth, tangy, sweet pie ever! Frozen Coconut Lime Pie is perfect for summer but I make it all year long because, well, I crave it all the time! You’re going to love it!
Frozen Coconut Lime Pie TV Segment
I made my Frozen Coconut Lime Pie on ABC4’s Good Things Utah and had a blast. We were singing “You put the lime in the coconut…” all day! Ha! You can watch me make it here with the adorable Ali Monsen.
Frozen Coconut Lime Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5-6 limes
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare pie crust by combining graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Stir until moistened. Pour mixture into 9-inch pie dish and firmly press into bottom and up the sides. Bake crust 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Zest limes to make 1 tablespoon of zest. Juice limes to make 1/2 cup juice. In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, zest, and juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold cream into lime mixture. Pour filling into cooled crust. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form. Use to garnish individual pie servings.