Need some inspiration for a Father’s Day dessert? Or just looking for a fun dessert to take to a BBQ? Look no further because these Root Beer Float Brownies are unique and delicious! They are such a crowd pleaser and we crave them during the summer months.
Trust me, the flavor combo is perfect! The root beer in the brownie batter gives them a rich, deep flavor. They turn out so thick and fudgy! The creamy root beer frosting is so ridiculously good too.
Because they turn out so thick, I cut them pretty small for serving. They also freeze really well! My husband is a huge root beer fan and absolutely loves these brownies! They are the perfect Father’s Day dessert and I hope you all love them as much as my family does!
Good Things Utah Segment
I made my Root Beer Float Brownies on Good Things Utah and they were a hit! The hosts and crew devoured them. Watch my segment HERE.
How to Make Root Beer Float Brownies
First, mix the dry ingredients which are flour, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl then set aside.
Next, melt the semisweet and white chocolate chips with butter in a the microwave. Be careful not to overheat or the chocolate will seize up and not be usable.
Then add eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Once those are combined, add the melted chocolate mixture then dry ingredients.
Now comes the BEST part! Add 16 oz of root beer! Use any brand you like.
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. The frosting is made by mixing butter, confectioners sugar, root beer and root beer extract. It’s so creamy and yummy! Tastes like a melted root beer float!
Root Beer Float Brownies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 oz root beer
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add semisweet chips, white chips and butter. Microwave in 20-30 second increments until just melted. Stir to combine well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer (or by hand), mix eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until combined well. Slowly mix in melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture and root beer alternately. Mix until just combined. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is just set. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat butter and one cup of confectioners sugar at a time on medium speed until combined. Add root beer and root beer extract then continue mixing until frosting is smooth.
- Add frosting to top of cooled brownies and spread evenly. Enjoy!