With all the chaos in our world right now, I have been feeling a little uninspired in the kitchen honestly. I decided to ask my followers on Instagram what recipes they’d like to see from me and the unanimous answer was “pantry staples.” People are stocking up right now then hunkering down and want to be able to cook from what they have using fewer fresh ingredients. I totally get that because I’m right there with you! The recipes that I use the most canned ingredients with are soup. I can’t believe that I haven’t shared my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla soup with y’all yet!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is simple and versatile! There are several options to choose from for the chicken (check recipe notes) and you can also use whatever plain canned tomatoes you have. Even swap the black beans out for pinto or kidney if that’s all you have. The recipe calls for cilantro and that was the one ingredient I didn’t have when I made this today. It was totally fine without it! You’re getting a short and sweet blog post today because life is a little weird and crazy. Just doing the best I can! Add this delicious, flavorful, easy soup to your menu ASAP because I’ll bet that you already have most of the ingredients on hand. Stay safe and healthy y’all!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace.
More Delicious Soups
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 10 oz frozen corn (or 1 can, drained)
- 1 cup onion, diced (yellow, white, or red)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Place all ingredients except for cilantro and lime in a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish individual servings with toppings of choice.
- For the chicken, you can use shredded rotisserie, whole chicken (cooked and shredded), cooked chicken breasts, or canned chicken.
- This doesn’t have to be made in a slow cooker. You can also cook on the stovetop by bringing to a boil in a large pot and simmering for 30 minutes.
Leave a Reply