I have another slow cooker recipe for y’all! Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Gravy is something that I grew up eating in Texas. Unfortunately, I never got my mom’s recipe before she passed away but I think she would approve of my version. It is SO easy and tastes like you put much more effort into it than you do! You don’t even have to brown the meat beforehand. Just add everything to your slow cooker and let it do all the work for you!
Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Gravy is Easy to Make
This is such a great way to use stew meat instead of just making stew. The meat turns out so tender and melts in your mouth! The use of the gravy mix adds thickness and lots of rich flavor. If you happen to be a mushroom hater, you can leave them out. You can also use fresh or dried parsley. Serve these delicious beef tips over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles. As you can see, we prefer them over creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. Yum!
Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Gravy would also make a fantastic freezer meal. Just add everything (raw) to a freezer bag and save for later. Then on a busy or a “too tired to cook” night, you can just dump it in the slow cooker and be done with dinner!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace.
More Slow Cooker Favorites
Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Gravy
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 2 packets (.87 oz each) brown gravy mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 1 TB dried)
- Place stew meat, mushrooms, and onions in a slow cooker. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together broth, gravy mixes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour over meat and vegetables. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Just before serving, stir in parsley. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles.
- If you want the sauce thicker, make a slurry with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water. Stir into meat mixture and leave the lid off of the slow cooker for 15 minutes before serving (but leave heat on).