When I saw that salmon was on sale at Lee’s this week, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I’ve had this Sesame Salmon Salad on my idea list for months! With Father’s Day this weekend, I thought it was the perfect recipe to share this week. My husband absolutely loves salmon and we sure are missing him right now while he’s deployed overseas. When I told him about this recipe he said that he’s missing bright, fresh, healthy meals like this so much. With that, I’m dedicating this week’s recipe to him!
This is one of those recipes that you’re going to have on repeat all summer long. It’s easy but totally looks and tastes like you spend forever in the kitchen! The sweet and spicy sauce is amazing! The orange marmalade adds the perfect sweetness and the chili garlic sauce adds the spice. The sesame oil and fish sauce add so much depth to the flavor! Lime juice brightens it up! This was actually my first time using the chili garlic sauce and I am in love! It is spicy but not in an overpowering way.
I like to marinate the filets with the fleshy side down so it soaks up the marinade better. Marinating time is only 15 minutes!
While the salmon is marinating, make the salad by first shredding about 5 cups of napa cabbage. This is my absolute favorite cabbage! It is so good raw or cooked!
I just cut the end off, then slice thinly with a good, sharp chef’s knife. Then I toss in some pre-shredded carrots, fresh cilantro, and fresh mint. I love the bright flavor that the herbs add!
Full disclosure, I totally thought that I burned this! Ha! It was absolutely perfect though and wasn’t burned at all. That’s just flavor!
I hope that my Sesame Salmon Salad ends up on your Father’s Day menu this weekend! I love the idea of doing a lighter dinner because then you can indulge with a yummy dessert. Don’t forget to comment and rate this recipe if you try it!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Items on sale June 16-22: salmon (fresh), orange marmalade, fish sauce, limes
Sesame Salmon Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, add sugar, lime juice, water, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce, orange marmalade, sesame oil, garlic and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish. Pour half of the marinade over the salmon, reserving the rest. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad by adding cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once pan is hot, add salmon filets skin side down. Sear for 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking 5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Add remaining marinade/dressing to salad and toss to combine. Place salmon on top, sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds, and serve immediately.