Will y’all forgive me if I don’t give you a “red, white, and blue” dessert this week? I think you will quickly forgive when I tell you that this Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie only has six ingredients and is incredible! It’s one of those desserts that you just can’t mess up. It is so refreshing that every bite will remind you of your happiest summer days!
I had something else planned for my new recipe this week but I was recently hanging out with my friend, Marcella, and we were talking about food (of course). She all of the sudden lit up with a huge smile and said, “Have you ever made a lemonade pie? You should make it and post it on your blog!” Then she proceeded to tell me about how her mom, Lisa, always makes it and it’s her favorite easy dessert. Seeing my cute friend light up talking about how nostalgic this pie is for her was so special. I knew right then that I had to get her recipe and make it ASAP!
Only 6 Ingredients in Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie
There are only six ingredients and some of them are even optional. As you all know, I can’t leave recipes alone so I had to add something to it! Ha! I added the zest of one lemon because I love the brightness that it adds. However, you can totally leave it out! Also, if you don’t care about your pie being pink, then leave out the food coloring. It really makes it so pretty though!
I’m already imagining the possibilities for this pie by using different frozen concentrate flavors. Limeade, orange juice (creamsicle?), regular lemonade, strawberry lemonade, grape juice-yum!
If you’re looking for quick, last minute dessert for your summer BBQ’s then look no further. This creamy, refreshing Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie will save the day!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Items on sale the week of June 30-July 6: Red Button vanilla ice cream, Food Club pink lemonade frozen concentrate, Food Club graham cracker crust
Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 oz frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (1/2 a can)
- 4 oz frozen whipped topping (about 1 heaping cup), thawed
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2-1 tsp red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, add ice cream, lemonade, whipped topping, zest, and 1/2 tsp food coloring. Add more food coloring if needed to reach desired color. Stir until combined well. (Using a stand mixer works really well)
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish with lemon peel and extra whipped topping if desired.