I found this recipe hidden in the depths of my GIANT “tried and true” binder and I was so happy to rediscover it. I haven’t made these Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Lime Mayo in years! When one of my favorite brands, Redmond, reached out to me to do a collaboration, I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share. If you aren’t familiar with Redmond, they make my favorite salt (among other things). You might be surprised to hear that it is ancient sea salt mined right here in Utah. Redmond Real Salt is unrefined and full of natural minerals. It tastes AMAZING and has totally changed my cooking. Once I started using their products over a year ago, I have never used another salt! If you’ve seen my TV segments, Redmond Real Salt ALWAYS makes a cameo!
Now, let me tell you about these incredible burgers! These salmon burgers are made with fresh salmon filets not canned salmon. Did anyone else grow up with “salmon patties” made with canned salmon? Yuck! I remember dousing them with ketchup as a kid to make them edible. Ha!
The flavors are so bright and fresh with the cilantro, fresh ginger, green onions, garlic, and lemon juice. The patties are formed very easily with panko and egg as the binding ingredients. A quick pan fry for about 10 minutes and they are ready to devour!
The Sriracha Lime Mayo is a must! Just five ingredients: mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, Sriracha, red onion and salt. It is the perfect accompaniment to the burgers! Add some lettuce, avocado, and your favorite buns and you have the perfect salmon burger. You can even omit the bun-whatever your preference!
Redmond Real Salt
If you aren’t already following them, check out the Redmond Real Salt Instagram page because there is an IGTV video showcasing these delicious burgers. I loved making the video where I take you through the recipe step-by-step so that you can see how easy they are!
Just a reminder that I have a discount code for all Redmond products! My code is “charlotteshares” and it will save you 15% on their website.
As always, when you make this recipe, please leave a review and comment! You’re going to love these Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Lime Mayo!
Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Lime Mayo
- 1 1/2-2 lbs fresh salmon filet, skinned and cubed
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Redmond Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sriracha Lime Mayo
- 1 cup mayo, (reduced fat ok)
- 1-4 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Redmond Kosher Salt
- Place salmon in food processor, cover, and pulse about 5-7 times to coarsely grind. (Do not over-process and turn into paste.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine panko, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Add salmon and stir to combine well.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment, wax paper, or nonstick foil. Using a 2/3 C measuring cup, scoop out salmon mixture and form into 1-inch thick patties. Place on tray. Makes 6 patties. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 6 hours.
- While salmon is firming in the fridge, make the Sriracha Lime Mayo by adding mayo, sriracha, lime juice, red onion, and salt to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add more sriracha if needed. Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium high. Add olive oil. Place salmon burgers in skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve with Sriracha Lime Mayo on buns with lettuce and avocado (suggested).