Hey y’all remember me? I had to take a few weeks off to prepare a welcome home for my husband. He served a 7 month overseas deployment! He’s been home a week now and we are so incredibly happy! I’ve been cooking all of my husband’s favorites and a few new recipes that he was drooling over from afar while he was away. He’s my #1 fan so it’s been so great having him home to cook for!
My wheels have been turning with recipe ideas over the last few weeks and I knew just what I wanted to make when I came back from my break. Recently, I asked my Instagram followers what summer fruit/veggie that they wanted new recipes for. Peaches and zucchini tied for the top votes! I knew I had to make the Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad that has been in my head the last few weeks. It turned out amazing!
I love the fresh produce that is so abundant in Utah this time of year. Every year my garden boxes are overflowing with tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, jalapenos, acorn squash, cucumbers and fresh herbs. Unfortunately, I didn’t plant a garden this year but Lee’s Marketplace has local grown vegetables and fruit right now and it makes me so happy. This week, they have the most perfect zucchini squash on sale!
I love grilled zucchini and Greek food. The combo in this easy side dish is perfection! At the last minute I decided to grill the onions as well and I am so glad I did. Grilling them added so much flavor and is a must!
Serving the Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad
After the zucchini and onions are grilled, they are diced and tossed with tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta, fresh parsley and Greek vinaigrette. We could NOT stop eating it! The flavors are so bright and bold, there’s a variety of textures, and it paired so perfectly with grilled chicken sausages and lemon roasted potatoes. It would also be great with steak, grilled chicken, pork roast, or on it’s own as a vegetarian meal. It’s also one of those side dishes that doesn’t need to be very hot and can just sit at room temperature until ready to serve.
Take advantage of Utah’s bountiful summer produce and stop by Lee’s for everything you need to make this delicious Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad! Items on sale August 4-10: Zucchini squash, feta cheese, olive oil
More Summer Sides
Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad
- 3 medium zucchini squash, sliced in half inch long pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat grill to high. Place zucchini and onion in a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Add to hot grill and cook 5 minutes per side or until softened. (Not mushy!)
- Remove from grill and place on cutting board. Dice zucchini and onions into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Use store-bought Greek vinaigrette such as Kraft Brand. You can also make your own! Lots of easy recipes online for it.
- Use any type of grill! I use my pellet grill (smoker) and just turn it up as high as it goes.