I love soup season so much! My brain has been overloaded with soup ideas too and I’m not mad about it. Ha! I just filmed my 28th live TV cooking segment and I’m still pinching myself that I have this opportunity. It lights my soul on fire and I just love it more than I can put into words. This time I shared my Slow Cooker Beef Fajita Soup and it was a hit with the hosts, crew, and producers. I love feeding them after my segment is over! Watch me make it here.
I wish I had taken more pictures but with the YouTube video, you can watch the process instead. It’s the easiest soup to make! First, you cook the onions and bell peppers, then add the beef stew meat and garlic. Once that is browned you add to the slow cooker along with all the other ingredients and turn on your slow cooker. That’s it! We don’t skimp on the spices either because I wanted this to be a flavor explosion. Lots of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika make it taste just like fajitas.
Top it Off and Serve it Up!
Once the Slow Cooker Beef Fajita Soup is done, you can’t just eat it as is because the toppings literally take it over the top! We love to add diced avocado, cheddar cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Then I warm up some flour tortillas, slather them in butter, and dip them in the soup. My mouth is seriously watering typing this! It is to die for! I really like using the raw “Tortilla Land” flour tortillas that are found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
You’re going to love this soup! It’s similar to my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup but with beef and bell peppers. I can’t believe I just now thought of it! Dipping the tortillas in is a must too! Can’t wait for you to make it and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Beef Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz low sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For Topping and Serving:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Avocado
- Fresh Cilantro
- Flour Tortillas, warmed (for dipping)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Add oil then add bell pepper and onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Push vegetables to the sides of the pan, increase heat a little, then add stew meat. Cook, stirring often, until meat is browned on all sides. Add garlic, stir, and cook for one minute.
- Turn off heat and pour meat mixture into a slow cooker. Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, paprika, Cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours. Before serving, taste and add more salt if desired. Serve in bowls with warmed tortillas on the side and toppings of choice.
- Add 1 can of drained and rinsed black or pinto beans if desired.