Who loves a 30 minute dinner? I certainly do! Especially this time of year that can be so busy with the school year winding down, graduations, sprucing up my yard, planting my garden, getting ready for summer, etc. I need quick, easy, delicious dinners! My newest creation, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, take less than 30 minutes, are so easy, and a huge flavor bomb that the whole family will love.
Good Things Utah TV Segment
Yesterday, I had made my Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches for my monthly cooking segment at Good Things Utah and they were a hit. It was such a fun segment to film because I was in the kitchen with my fellow Texan and friend, Reagan Leadbetter.
We have such great chemistry and it feels so natural. I have zero nerves and it just feels like I’m in the kitchen at home cooking with a friend. We laugh a lot too!
Watch my segment right HERE and see how easy my Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are to make!
How to Make Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
The only thing you will have to cook for this recipe is the homemade BBQ sauce but it is quick and you probably have most of the ingredients already. Just whisk together pineapple juice, kethup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, onion and garlic powder, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper together.
Cook for about 10 minutes and it is ready to toss with the shredded rotisserie chicken. Did you know that rotisserie chicken freezes well? I always have it on hand in freezer bags for quick dinners like this or nachos, wraps, enchiladas, soups, etc. I usually freeze it in 2-3 cup amounts.
Next, toss together the beatiful slaw! It’s classic coleslaw that gets a tropical twist with the addition of pineapple, jalapeno, and red onion. You can either use a creamy coleslaw kit or make your own dressing and toss with shredded cabbage.
Serve on buns with a side of chips and fruit then dinner is done!
You are going to love this quick, easy, beautiful and yummy dinner! Make sure to rate and comment when you try it! Also, I love seeing your shares on social media so don’t forget to tag me. https://www.instagram.com/charlotte.shares/
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (from canned tidbits)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
For the slaw:
- 11.4 oz creamy coleslaw kit
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits (juice reserved for BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 8 hamburger buns (or 16 slider buns)
- Whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to pan and stir to combine. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Make the slaw according to package directions. Add pineapple tidbits, red onion, and jalapeño. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken and slaw together buns.
- You can also make your own coleslaw dressing combined with shredded cabbage instead of using a kit.