It’s just not summer without a BLT made with fresh garden tomatoes. It’s the reason I plant a garden! Grocery stores, road side stands, and backyard gardens are filled with the best produce right now in Utah. My tomatoes aren’t quite ready but luckily I can grab some ripe ones at my favorite grocery store. I wanted to make a little twist on the classic sandwich so I created these BLT Wraps with Avocado Mayo. They will be on repeat the rest of the summer!
Crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, crunchy lettuce and the smoothest avocado mayo wrapped in a tortilla…oh my goodness! I don’t know if I can go back to the white bread and mayonnaise version of a BLT.
Making the Avocado Mayo
First let’s talk about this super smooth, flavorful avocado mayo. My family usually likes to put avocado on our BLTs and call them BLATs so I thought it would be so good to make the sauce out of avocado. It’s so so easy to make!
You’ll need: two ripe avocados, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, dijon, lemon juice, olive or avocado oil, and a little water. Blend until smooth. That’s it! If you have any leftover it will store in the fridge for a couple of days. Just make sure to place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the mayo in the container. Press down slightly so that no air is in contact with the surface. This prevents browning. It’s great as a dip or spread on toast! If you eat it with a spoon I certainly won’t judge! Ha!
Assembling the BLT Wraps with Avocado Mayo
BLT Wraps with Avocado Mayo are so easy to assemble. You can make them ahead of time, but if you do, make sure to layer the tomato between the bacon and lettuce so the tortilla doesn’t get soggy.
Your family will gobble these up so fast! I barely got them in the house before the whole tray of BLT Wraps with Avocado Mayo was devoured by my teenagers (and myself). These would be perfect for lunch, a light dinner, or a picnic!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale July 14-20: avocados, bacon, grape tomatoes, dijon, olive oil
BLT Wraps with Avocado Mayo
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooked crispy bacon (1 lb makes 3 wraps)
- Tomatoes (any kind), sliced or diced
- Lettuce (green leaf, iceberg, or romaine)
- Burrito sized tortillas
- Add avocados, lemon juice, oil, dijon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed. Add more water if needed to create desired consistency.
- To assemble, spread about 2 tablespoons avocado mayo on a tortilla. Top with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fold ends inward then roll up tightly. Slice in half if serving immediately.
- If you have leftover avocado mayo, it is great as a dip or spread on toast. It will keep in the fridge for a few days. Just make sure to place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the mayo in the container. Press down slightly so that no air is in contact with the surface. Then put the container lid on. This will prevent browning.
- These can be made an hour or so ahead of time. Just make sure that you layer the tomato between the lettuce and bacon so that the tortilla doesn’t get soggy.