Summertime means lots of zucchini and corn recipes at my house. I have a vegetable and herb garden but sadly, my zucchini did not work this year. It’s usually the most plentiful! Luckily, there are farm stands all over where I live with an abundance of freshly picked summer produce right now. I love grilled zucchini and corn and came up with the simplest side dish that you’re going to love. My Grilled Lemon Herb Zucchini & Corn screams summer!
Six main ingredients are all it takes to create this elegant, delicious side dish. Grilled corn and zucchini are combined with fresh herbs, parmesan, and lemon juice to create the tastiest bite that will go with any protein.
How to Make Grilled Lemon Herb Zucchini and Corn
Fresh corn on the cob is best for this dish but if it isn’t available to you, just steam some frozen corn kernels and add those. Zucchini is always available in grocery stores at least. To prepare the corn and zucchini, I just sprayed them lightly with avocado oil. You could also brush on olive oil or melted butter.
Next, fire up your grill to cook the vegetables. We used our Traeger pellet grill on medium-high heat. Add the corn first because it takes a little longer. After about five minutes add the zucchini and cook until soft. The corn took us about 15 minutes.
Next, cut the kernels off of the corn and place into a large bowl. Dice the zucchini and add to the bowl as well.
Which fresh herbs should you use? Pick two from parsley, basil, oregano, and thyme. I chose basil and thyme because I had them on hand and love them together. Chop or tear the herbs and add them to the vegetables.
Finishing Up and Serving
Finally, just squeeze half of a lemon over everything, generously sprinkle good Parmesan cheese then add salt and pepper. Toss and serve! Grilled Lemon Herb Zucchini & Corn is bright, healthy, EASY, and delicious! It’s a simple way to use the abundance of summer vegetables and herbs that are in season right now.
Another grilled zucchini recipe that we love is my Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad. Happy summer y’all!
Grilled Lemon Herb Zucchini & Corn
- 5 ears corn on the cob, husked and cleaned
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise (stems and ends removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1/3 cup (total) fresh basil, oregano, parsley, thyme (PICK TWO), chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush corn and zucchini with olive oil or butter. Place corn and zucchini on hot grill and cook on all sides until softened, 10-15 minutes. (Zucchini will probably take less time than corn.)
- Cut kernels off of corn and place in a large bowl. Dice zucchini into bite sized pieces and place in bowl. Add fresh herbs, lemon, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Can be served right away or at room temperature.