I have a confession to make. I’m one of those people who is ready for fall as soon as September hits. I am not waiting 3 more weeks! In early fall, I want all things apple and I am thrilled to share my newest recipe with y’all. My Apple Cheesecake Dip with Churro Chips is everything you want in an apple treat!
Is your mouth watering yet? This dip is so creamy and sweet but is warmed up with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. The tart crunchiness of the raw Granny Smith apples is the perfect balance with the other flavors. Then, of course, we have to add some caramel! This dip is incredible! Churro chips are so easy to make too and the best choice for dipping. Let’s dive in!
How to Make Apple Cheesecake Dip
This dip is so simple to make! First, add marshmallow creme and cream cheese to a large bowl then add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Mix it up!
Next, add one large Granny Smith apple that has been diced very small. Leave the skin on too for color and texture. Fold the apples in and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
How to Make Churro Chips
To make the churro chips, cut about 8 flour tortillas into eighths. The soft taco sized work best.
Next, drop a few at a time into hot canola or vegetable oil. Once they are browned on both sides, toss them with a cinnamon sugar mixture and set aside to cool. These are so good and you’ll have to restrain yourself from eating them all as you’re frying them!
Serving the Apple Cheesecake Dip with Churro Chips
When you’re ready to serve, add the dip to a serving bowl and drizzle the top with your favorite caramel sauce. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon too! If you run out of chips before dip, my kids loved dipping apple slices in. Graham crackers or Biscoff cookies would be delicious too!
My Apple Cheesecake Dip with Churro Chips is the ultimate fall treat! Serve it for an anytime dessert or an after school treat. If you happen to have leftovers it only keeps for a couple of days so gobble it up quickly! Happy (almost) fall y’all!
Check out the September display with this beautiful recipe at all Lee’s Marketplace locations this month!
If you want to kick it up a notch (or two) with a showstopper apple dessert, you have to try my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle. It’s my favorite apple cake dessert!
Apple Cheesecake Dip with Churro Chips
For the dip:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced small (peel on)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
For the chips:
- 8-10 flour tortillas, soft taco sized
- canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, marshmallow creme, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg together until combined well and no lumps remain. Fold in apples and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut tortillas into 8 triangles each by cutting into fourths then halves. Add sugar and cinnamon to a plate or shallow dish then mix to combine well.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large, deep skillet and heat to 350-360 degrees. Drop 4-5 tortilla pieces into oil and flip (after about 10 seconds) to brown on both sides.
- Remove browned tortillas from oil with tongs and allow excess oil to drip off. Then place directly into cinnamon sugar mixture and turn to coat all sides of chips. Set finished chips on a plate while cooking the rest.
- When ready to serve. Drizzle caramel over top of the apple dip and serve with the chips.