I can’t believe it’s already September! We are in the swing of things with my kids’ new schedules and are loving the structure of the school year. Evenings can be busy for us so quick, easy weeknight dinners are a must. My family loves when I make this Easy Thai Chicken Pasta!
I would call this “semi-homemade” because you do have to cook chicken breasts and fresh vegetables but most of the flavor comes from the pre-made peanut sauce. I love the brightness that the fresh herbs add too! From start to finish, it’s takes less than 45 minutes to make so this is on a regular rotation for me.
How to Make Easy Thai Chicken Pasta
First, season three chicken breasts that have been sliced or cubed with garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Then add to a hot skillet to cook through.
Once the chicken is mostly done, add carrots and green onions then cook until tender.
While the chicken and veggies are cooking, go ahead and cook the linguine according to package directions. I love the Barilla brand!
Once the vegetables and chicken are done, add a bottle of Thai Peanut Sauce like this one. I have tried several brands and haven’t found one that I didn’t like.
Pour the whole bottle over the chicken and add fresh cilantro and basil. Let warm through then toss with the cooked, drained pasta. Top individual portions with chopped peanuts, fresh herbs and green onions. Dinner is done!
You just can’t go wrong with Thai food and when it’s as easy as this, it’s a win win for everyone. I hope you love it as much as my family does!
Good Things Utah TV Segment
I made it today on Good Things Utah and had a blast as always! The whole crew devoured it after the show. Watch me make it HERE.
Easy Thai Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed or sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 12-16 oz Thai peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced (Thai or traditional)
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 16 oz linguine
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place chicken in a medium-sized bowl then add garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Add olive oil. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots and green onions to the pan then continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add peanut sauce to chicken then stir to combine. Continue cooking for a few minutes until sauce is simmering. Add cilantro, basil and cooked noodles. Toss to combine. Serve with peanuts sprinkled on top.
- If the noodles seem a little dry after combining them with the sauce, add ¼-½ cup of water to the pan and warm through.