Now that March has arrived I am thinking of all things GREEN! The first recipe that came to mind for this month was something “Green Goddess” because it’s one of my favorite salad dressings, it’s a food trend at the moment, and it’s so delicious! I created a Green Goddess Pesto Chicken Pizza and it turned out amazing!
Isn’t it so pretty too? This yummy pizza has a pesto base, mozzarella, artichokes, rotisserie chicken, jalapenos, spinach, basil, green onions, peperoncini peppers, and finally a drizzle of green goddess dressing. It’s so easy and fun to make too!
Your Shopping List
For the Green Goddess Pesto Chicken Pizza, you’ll need a 12-inch pizza crust. You can use homemade or store-bought. I tried this Mama Mary’s ready-made crust and it was good. I also really like the kind that comes in the refrigerated tube from Pillsbury.
Now for the green ingredients! The ones I chose were artichokes, jalapenos, spinach, fresh basil, green onions and peperoncini peppers. You could also use kale and fresh avocado slices (after baking).
You’ll also need Green Goddess salad dressing. I found these two brands in my local grocery store and love them both! What is Green Goddess dressing? It’s a salad dressing usually made of mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice and herbs like chives, tarragon, dill and mint.
For the pesto, I used a jarred one from Mezzetta but you could also use a fresh, refrigerated one. Oh and if you want this to be vegetarian, leave out the chicken.
How to Assemble Green Goddess Pesto Chicken Pizza
Start your pizza assembly by adding a layer of pesto to your pizza crust.
Next, add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Now for the toppings! Add the “heavier” or larger ingredients like the artichokes and chicken first.
Then add jalapenos, spinach, green onions and basil.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, add the peperoncini peppers and a drizzle of Green Goddess dressing.
This Green Goddess Pesto Chicken Pizza would be the perfect green dinner for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year. I know you’re going to love it!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. This recipe is the featured display in all store locations during the month of March. Watch for the poster along with a paper recipe and the ingredients to conveniently grab.
Green Goddess Pesto Chicken Pizza
- 1 12-inch pizza crust, homemade or ready made
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup peperoncini peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Green Goddess salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust. Top with cheese, chicken, artichokes, spinach, jalapeños, green onions and basil. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Top with peperoncini peppers and a drizzle of Green Goddess dressing.
- Omit chicken for a vegetarian version.
- More green topping ideas: thinly sliced zucchini, fresh broccoli, kale, arugula, avocado
- Green Goddess dressing can be found with other salad dressings in most grocery stores.