I love using my slow cooker all year long. It’s so great to use in the summer because you don’t have to heat up your kitchen. My Slow Cooker Chinese Beef and Noodles are an delicious, easy dinner any time of the year!
Chuck roast is slow cooked with many Chinese-inspired ingredients like hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger and soy sauce. Serve it over rice or udon noodles and top with fresh cilantro and green onions. My family and I love this so much!
Your Grocery List
- Chuck Roast
- Hoisin sauce
- Soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Ground ginger
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onions or chives
- Rice or udon noodles
How to Make Slow Cooker Chinese Beef and Noodles
This dish is so darn easy I didn’t take many pictures of the process. Start with a 2-3 lb chuck roast and place it in a slow cooker. No need to trim the fat until after cooking. Fat is flavor! Next, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, tomato sauce, ground ginger, salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce mixture over the chuck roast, close the lid, and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
When the roast is falling apart tender, remove from the slow cooker, shred, remove fat, then add back into the juices.
Mix 1/2 cup cold water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch then pour over meat and stir to mix. Leave the lid off (but keep warm) for about 10 minutes. Then serve over rice or udon noodles. Top individual portions with fresh cilantro and green onions. Add extra chili garlic sauce too for more spice!
The chuck roast is SO tender and flavorful! We fell in love with these Slow Cooker Chinese Beef and Noodles and I honestly can’t wait to make it again. Keep your kitchen cool and make this ASAP!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale June 8-14: chuck roast, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, tomato sauce
Slow Cooker Chinese Beef and Noodles
- Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 12-16 oz package rice or udon noodles
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- To a bowl, add hoisin, soy sauce, tomato sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger, salt and pepper then whisk to combine. Pour over roast then cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Once roast is falling apart tender, remove from slow cooker and place on a sheet tray or large plate. Use two forks to shred making sure to discard any fat. Place shredded meat back in slow cooker with juices. (Keep slow cooker on WARM)
- Combine cold water and cornstarch in a small cup then pour over meat. Stir to combine and leave lid off (while keeping warm) for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Serve shredded beef over noodles then top individual portions with cilantro and green onions. Add extra chili garlic sauce too for extra spice if desired.