I hated watermelon when I was a kid. There I said it. However, I changed my ways long ago and have loved it as an adult. I enjoy it as often as possible when its in season. Have you ever had it in a savory recipe? My Strawberry Watermelon Arugula Salad is the summer salad of my dreams and I can’t wait for you to experience it too!
Sweet watermelon and strawberries, spicy red onion, salty feta, peppery arugula, crunchy almonds, and a drizzle of tangy balsamic dressing. This salad has it ALL! It’s kind of perfect really.
Your Grocery List
- Red onion
- Sliced almonds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic
How to Make Strawberry Watermelon Arugula Salad
To make the balsamic dressing, just whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon, fresh garlic, and salt. Add more honey if needed. It’s super easy!
Next, dice up your watermelon, slice strawberries and onion, then get all of the other ingredients ready to assemble the Strawberry Watermelon Arugula Salad.
Assemble the salad with arugula first, then watermelon, strawberries, red onion, feta, and almonds. Finally, drizzle with balsamic dressing, toss and serve. Easy and delicious!
My teenagers LOVED this salad so much which surprised me. They don’t normally like fruity salads but they all raved over it and there wasn’t one bit left. It goes really well with any grilled protein!
More Summer Salads to Try
Strawberry Watermelon Arugula Salad
- 5 oz arugula
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Arrange arugula in a large bowl. Top with strawberries, watermelon, onion, feta, and almonds.
- Make dressing by whisking together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon, honey, garlic, and salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss, and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply