It’s too hot to cook so let’s eat ice cream ok? I have been craving something like this Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake and oh my goodness it hit the spot! Layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, Reese’s cups, and crunchy peanuts. It is absolutely decadent!
Just looking at these pictures makes my mouth water. It’s so easy to throw together but looks AND tastes like you made a huge effort. It can be our secret!
Your Grocery List
- Peanut butter (just choose your favorite)
- Cool Whip
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Chocolate or hot fudge sauce
- Reese’s PB cups
- Salted peanuts
- Chocolate sprinkles
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
This recipe is so easy I didn’t take many process pictures but you get the idea. The hardest part is unwrapping 24 ice cream sandwiches and also trying to lick your fingers constantly! My teenage daughter loved helping with this and she could have easily made it herself.
Start by placing 12 ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 dish. You’ll have to break apart the last two for them to fit. It’s fine because you won’t see the imperfections!
Next, spread half of the 16 oz container of Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwiches. Then, drizzle chocolate sauce and peanut butter over the top. Sprinkle with Reese’s cups. I didn’t add any peanut to this layer but I wish I did because I love those bites the most.
Repeat the layer again with the remaining 12 ice cream bars, Cool Whip, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, peanut butter cups, peanuts, and chocolate sprinkles. Place leveled in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
Serve it up and watch it disappear! If you can’t eat it all right away, place individual pieces carefully in a gallon sized Ziplock to enjoy later. You have to make this ASAP! I can’t get over how insanely delicious this Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake is!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale July 13-19: Crav’n Ice Cream Sandwiches, Cool Whip, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, peanut butter, hot fudge topping, peanuts, chocolate sprinkles
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- 16 oz Cool Whip topping
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate or hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, slightly warmed
- 12 Reese's peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Place 12 ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 baking dish. Some will need to be broken in half to fit. Add half of the Cool Whip then spread over evenly. Drizzle 3/4 cup of the chocolate sauce and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Sprinkle with half of the peanut butter cups and half of the peanuts.
- Repeat layers using up remaining ingredients plus add the chocolate sprinkles last. Place leveled in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
- I do not recommend using Hershey’s Syrup. The chocolate sauce needs to be thicker. Torani and Ghirardelli brands make great sauces. Or use any type of hot fudge sauce.