I have been dreaming of creating this recipe since last summer. I’ve made it multiple times now to get it absolutely perfect for you and here it is! My Blackberry Lime Cheesecake Bars are what summer dessert dreams are made of!
These cheesecake bars are thick, creamy, full of lime flavor and perfectly swirled with a fresh blackberry puree. They are seriously to die for!
Your Grocery List
- Graham cracker crumbs (or full crackers)
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh blackberries
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh limes
- All-purpose flour
How to Make Blackberry Lime Cheesecake Bars
This yummy recipe starts with a classic graham cracker crust. It is nice and thick because I like it to have a good crunchy bite!
To make the blackberry puree, just add the blackberries and sugar to a food processor or place in bowl and use an immersion blender then blend until smooth. Then pour into a fine mesh strainer so that you end up with smooth puree and no seeds.
To make the filling add cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Use a hand mixer to combine until smooth and creamy. Pour over graham cracker crust.
Finally, drizzle the blackberry puree in lines over the cheesecake filling. Then use a toothpick to swirl it around any way you’d like. I’ve tried different ways each time and it always turns out so pretty!
I highly recommend lining your 8×8 pan with nonstick foil when making these Blackberry Lime Cheesecake Bars. It makes it so easy to lift them out of the pan once they are chilled to cut and serve. Also, they do crack a little but that is ok to me. If you want them to not crack, try using a water bath.
I’m so lucky to live near a fruit farm that is famous for its blackberries! I got them from Tagges!
Blackberry Lime Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the blackberry puree:
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 limes, zested (about 2 teaspoons zest)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined well. Pour into prepared baking dish and press down evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Make puree by adding blackberries and sugar to a bowl then use an immersion blender to puree. Or add to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl then pour blackberry puree into it. Let strain completely pushing with the back of a spoon to help liquid strain through.
- In a large bowl (or in a stand mixer), add cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, lime zest and juice. Use a hand mixer to combine until smooth and creamy. Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Drizzle strained blackberry puree in lines over the cheesecake filling. Use a toothpick to swirl the puree. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until filling is mostly set. Should still have a slight jiggle to it.
- Let cool at room temperature for 20-30 minutes then place in the fridge to chill completely before serving.