I think it’s time for another taco recipe. I mean, if you’re following me, you love tacos right? My Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa are hands down, my new favorite taco to make at home. Why? First, they are SO easy and the whole meal comes together in 30 minutes. Second, they are an explosion of all my favorite spices and flavors! Delicious!
Salmon is baked in the oven with a bold spice rub until flaky and perfect. While that’s baking, make the salsa by mixing avocados, mangoes, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and Tajin seasoning. When the salmon is done, add it to flour or corn tortillas and top with the salsa. So simple and good!
Your Grocery List
- Salmon filets (fresh is best!)
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh mango
- Tomatoes (any kind)
- Jalapeno or serrano pepper
- Red onion
- Fresh limes
- Tajin seasoning
How to Make Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa
I didn’t take many process pictures and when that happens, it’s because the recipe is SUPER SIMPLE. First, make the rub for the salmon by combining chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Next, place the salmon skin side down on a lined baking sheet. Mine was all one big piece but if it’s in smaller filets that is just fine. Liberally season with the mixed spices. Add it all!
If you want your salmon perfectly cooked, use an internal thermometer and cook until the thickest center reaches 145 degrees F. I didn’t get an after picture because we dug into it so fast and couldn’t stop taste testing! I had to force everyone to leave it alone so we would have enough for tacos! Ha!
While the salmon is baking, make the avocado mango salsa by combining two diced avocados, one large mango cut into chunks, 1/2 cup diced tomato, 1/2-1 jalapeno or serrano, red onion, FRESH lime juice (not the bottled stuff), and plenty of Tajin seasoning.
Finally, assemble the tacos! Use flour or corn tortillas and load them up. You can add sour cream if desired but these were so juicy and flavorful that we didn’t think they needed anything else.
You’re going to love these Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa! Loaded with amazing flavors and on the dinner table in 30 minutes!
More Tacos Recipes to Try
Tacos are my favorite food ever! Here are some other recipes to try:
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale July 27-August 2: Atlantic salmon filets, olive oil, avocados, tomatoes (large), limes, jalapenos, Tajin seasoning, corn and flour tortillas
Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh salmon filets
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (any kind)
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Tajin teasoning (or more to taste)
- Corn or flour tortillas, taco sized
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or nonstick foil then place the salmon on skin side down. Use paper towels to pat the salmon dry.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour olive oil on salmon and brush to evenly coat. Pour seasoning over top of salmon. Rub the seasoning all over the top of the filets.
- Place in oven and cook until center reaches 145° F or until it easily flakes with a fork. Should take 10-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- While salmon is baking, make salsa by adding avocado, mango, tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and Tajin in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat tortillas on a griddle or in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once salmon is done, remove from oven and flake into large pieces using a knife or fork. Place in warmed tortillas and top with avocado mango salsa.
- Serrano pepper can replace jalapeno if desired.
- Add cilantro to salsa if desired.