Chicken tenders are a go-to protein for me because they are so versatile and only take 15 minutes to cook. I like to grill them, deep fry them (like THESE), air fry them and bake them. These Crispy Rosemary Chicken Tenders are super flavorful, quick to prepare, and will please everyone!
These tenders are first coated in a batter made with egg, flour, fresh garlic, mayonnaise, Dijon, paprika, salt and pepper. Then dip them in a crunch coating made from panko crumbs, parmesan and fresh rosemary. Spray them with avocado or olive oil spray then bake for 15-20 minutes. Easy and done!
Your Grocery List
- Chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- Fresh garlic
- All purpose flour
- Parmesan (the good stuff!)
- Fresh rosemary
- Oil spray
How to Make Crispy Rosemary Chicken Tenders
When preparing chicken tenders, make sure to remove the tendon. Watch this YouTube video I found for an easy trick! You can also use chicken breasts. Just cut them into 1-inch strips.
Make the batter by adding eggs, flour, fresh garlic, mayonnaise, Dijon, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish then whisking to combine.
Next make the crispy coating by combining panko, grated parmesan, and fresh rosemary in a shallow dish.
Use tongs to coat the chicken with the batter, then dip into the bread crumb mixture. Then place on a foil lined baking sheet. Use non stick foil or spray it with cooking spray first.
Finally, spray the tops of the strips with avocado or olive oil spray. This will help them to get crispy and brown. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until center reaches 165 degrees.
We love these dipped in honey mustard sauce. Crispy Rosemary Chicken Tenders are so delicious and easy! Serve them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable then dinner is done!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale August 17-23: chicken tenders (meat sale), mayonnaise, avocado oil spray
Crispy Rosemary Chicken Tenders
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs chicken tenders (or chicken breasts sliced in 1-inch strips)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (the good stuff – not powdered)
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- Avocado or olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, add eggs, garlic, mayo, Dijon, flour, paprika, salt and pepper then whisk to combine well.
- In another shallow dish, add panko, parmesan, and rosemary then toss to combine.
- Use tongs to place chicken tenders into batter, turn to coat well, then place in breadcrumbs. Press down with tongs and coat completely then place on lined baking sheet.
- Once all tenders are on the baking sheet, spray the tops lightly with oil spray. Place in oven to cook for 15-20 minutes or until center of tenders reaches 165° F.
- Serve immediately. Tastes great alone or dipped in honey mustard sauce.
- If using chicken tenders, make sure to remove the tendon before preparing.
- These are air fryer friendly! Just air fry at the same temperature for about the same amount of time. Maybe a little less so just watch them and check internal temperature.
Kimberly Wylie Cathey