Puff pastry and brie cheese are a classic combo and I especially love them during the holidays. I mean, who doesn’t love a baked brie wrapped in puff pastry and spread on crackers??? I have something even better though…my Candied Bacon Brie Bites. They look and taste fancy but are SO easy and insanely delicious. This is your ultimate, perfect holiday appetizer!
Puff pastry is filled with brie cheese then topped with a candied bacon mixture. The mixture includes crispy bacon, shallots, pecans, maple syrup, brown sugar, and fresh rosemary. Also, a little red wine vinegar and crushed red pepper to balance out the sweetness. The result is the most delectable, perfect bite!
With these Candied Bacon Brie Bites, you get sweet, salty, spicy (just a little), creamy, crunchy and brightness from the fresh rosemary. It’s a holiday party in your mouth! What’s not to love? Let’s make them!
Your Grocery List
- Frozen puff pastry
- Brie cheese
- Brown sugar
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh rosemary
- Red pepper flakes
How to Make Candied Bacon Brie Bites
Start by thawing one sheet of frozen puff pastry. This recipe makes 24 bites so feel free to double and use both sheets. Four of us at my house almost polished off 24! Ha! Puff pastry takes about 30 minutes to thaw at room temp so plan in advance. Cut it into 24 rectangles. Doesn’t have to be perfect!
Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray then place the pieces of puff pastry in each cup. Place a hunk of brie cheese in each as well.
Make the filling by cooking 1/2 lb bacon until crisp. Set aside to drain but leave about 2 tablespoons bacon grease in the pan. Cook shallots in the grease until lightly browned.
Next, add the bacon back in along with chopped pecans, brown sugar, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Stir together until the sugar is melted and the mixture looks like this. Doesn’t it look incredible and beautiful??? I didn’t get a picture of this part but remove from heat and add about one tablespoon bacon mixture to each muffin cup. Place in oven and cook 13-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tin and devour.
These Candied Bacon Brie Bites are honestly the perfect bite of food in my opinion and I can’t wait to make them again for every holiday party and gathering. They will be on repeat for the next two months and once you try them, you’ll agree!
More Holiday Appetizers to Enjoy
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale for Candied Bacon Brie Bites the week of November 2-8: bacon, brown sugar, pecans, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper
Candied Bacon Brie Bites
- 1 Mini muffin tin (24 cup)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8-10 oz Brie cheese, cut into 24 chunks
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely diced shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 24 cup mini muffin tin by spraying liberally with cooking spray.
- Cut sheet of puff pastry into 24 even rectangular pieces. Place pieces in muffin tin cups. Place one piece of Brie in each cup.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove bacon to drain then drain all but 2 tablespoons grease from skillet.
- In hot skillet, add shallots and cook until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-low then add cooked bacon, pecans, rosemary, brown sugar, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes to melt the sugar. Remove from heat.
- Add about 1 tablespoon bacon mixture on top of Brie pieces. Place in oven and bake 13-15 minutes or until puff pastry is lightly golden.
- Let sit for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin and serving. Sprinkle with extra chopped rosemary if desired.