I love a quick, easy, flavor loaded dinner that will make my whole family happy. That’s kind of what I’m known for right?! I have wanted to do a Cajun inspired pasta recipe for a long time and I finally took my creativity to the kitchen. My Cajun Sausage & Pasta Skillet is a one skillet 30-minute meal that you’re going to love!
Andouille smoked sausage, bell pepper, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and pasta in a creamy cheddar sauce…what’s not to love? Let’s not forget the creole seasoning! I grew up in far East Texas just a stone’s throw from Louisiana. Because of this, Cajun food was a staple in my family and it’s one of my favorites. New Orleans is one of my favorite food towns ever!
Your Grocery List
- Andouille smoked sausage (or any smoked sausage like kielbasa)
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Fresh Garlic
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Cajun Sausage & Pasta Skillet
First cook and brown the sausage with bell pepper and onions until lightly browned.
Next, add garlic, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and pasta. Stir to combine then cover and let cook for 15 minutes. The pasta cooks perfectly!
Once the pasta is tender, add heavy cream and cheddar then stir to combine. There’s salt in the creole seasoning so no need to add extra.
Stir in fresh parsley and serve. So simple and delicious!
My family absolutely loved Cajun Sausage & Pasta Skillet and my husband said it was the best pasta dish he’s had in a long time. Win win! I can’t wait to hear what you think!
More Skillet Dinners to Try
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale October 19-November 1: smoked sausage, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, farfalle pasta, cheddar cheese
Cajun Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 13-16 oz andouille smoked sausage (or kielbasa), sliced into half moons
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1 can (14-15 oz) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add sausage, bell pepper, and onion then cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add creole seasoning, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and pasta. Stir to combine then bring to a low boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add heavy cream and cheddar cheese then stir until melted. Stir in parsley and serve.