6 ingredient dinner alert!!! I have been making my Shortcut Arroz Con Pollo for my family for years. It is so easy and packed with flavor! It also makes enough for leftovers even with my family of five which is always a plus.
The rotisserie chicken, sausage, and rice all pack a punch with flavor which makes this simple dish tastes like you’ve spent hours. It can be our secret! I used to just call this dish “Chicken and Yellow Rice” but realized that it includes many flavors of the classic Spanish and Latin American dish, arroz con pollo, like chicken, rice, peas, and onions. I was making a shortcut version all along and didn’t know it!
How to Make Shortcut Arroz Con Pollo
Here’s the ingredient line-up! Onion, bell pepper, kielbasa, rotisserie chicken, yellow rice and frozen green peas. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Add olive oil to a large pot (with a lid) and add onions and bell pepper. Sauté until softened.
Next add kielbasa and brown it a little. Then add the rotisserie chicken.
Next, add a 10 oz bag of yellow rice and however much water it calls for to the pot. Stir and cover for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Next, add the frozen peas, stir and serve. That’s it y’all!
There are a thousand reasons why we need some easy dinners in our “go to” rotation. This one could not be more delicious, family friendly and simple! I hope you love it as much as my family has over the years.
MORE EASY DINNERS TO TRY:
Shortcut Arroz Con Pollo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into half circles
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 10 oz yellow rice mix (plus water)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- Heat a large pot (with a lid) to medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add onions and peppers then sauté until softened, about five minutes. Add kielbasa and cook for a few minutes. Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Add rice mix plus as much water as the package calls for. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove lid and stir in frozen peas. Let warm through for a few minutes then serve.
- Vigo brand yellow rice mix is my favorite. I usually find it by the Spanish rice in grocery stores.
- Cornbread goes really well with this dish!