Are you ready for the easiest 5 main ingredient meal? This is “quarantine cooking” at its finest! I have been making my Cheesy Beefaroni for over 15 years and it’s one of those meals that I always have the ingredients for. I bet you have them all right now too! Ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, elbow macaroni, and cheese. Add a few seasonings and water and you have a complete meal! My kids loved this as toddlers and they still gobble it up as teenagers. When I made it again recently, they were so happy to have what they call a “nostalgic dinner” from mom. It’s simple comfort food at our house!
Here is the lineup for my Cheesy Beefaroni. So easy! I also like to call this “Homemade Hamburger Helper” because it reminds me of the flavors. I haven’t bought Hamburger Helper in 20 years because this is SO much better! This also takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Love dinners like this!
Cheesy Beefaroni is honestly one of those meals that I never thought I’d have on here. I wouldn’t have considered it “blogworthy” but times are different aren’t they? We are in a time where simple pantry meals are best and I thought this was perfect. I know your family will gobble it up just like mine has for the last 15 years!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace
More Easy Meal Ideas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion. Drain grease if needed.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, water, and macaroni. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.