Fresh peaches are my favorite summertime treat. Utah peaches are pretty amazing and the area I live in has many peach orchards. I am lucky enough to have a peach tree in my own yard and I love it so much! It was very neglected this year but we still ended up with a bumper crop. One of the treats that I decided to make with my peaches was a Peach Pistachio Crisp that I had written down the idea for months ago. I love peaches, I love pistachios, I love peach crisps so it has to be amazing right? Yes I was right!
I have picked so many peaches and have four other friends come and pick and there’s still tons left! I have been making lots of delicious treats with these peaches and I froze bags and bags of them. Maybe I need to learn how to can next year???
My kids were not one bit excited when I told them that I was making this. One said she hated cooked fruit, the other said she hated pistachios, and the other said it just sounded weird. Well, guess what? All three of my teenagers devoured this and said it was amazing! Mom win!!!
Making the Peach Pistachio Crisp
The filling is a classic peach mixture with brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. It’s the same filling I use for peach cobblers and pies. The topping also has the usual crisp ingredients such as oats, flour, butter, and brown sugar. Pistachios take this to the next level! I use roasted, salted pistachios and it adds the perfect nuttiness to the mixture. I added a little of my favorite Torani caramel sauce to the top too and it was very delicious. I’m so happy that my “weird” ingredient took a peach crisp from “classic” to “exceptional!”
If you aren’t lucky enough to have your own peach tree, check your local supermarket for them since they are in season. I love that my favorite grocery store, Lee’s Marketplace, has locally grown produce including peaches! They are on sale this week too!
Items on sale at Lee’s the week of August 11-17: fresh peaches, oats, pistachios, flour, butter
More Summer Desserts to Try
Peach Pistachio Crisp
- 8 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- baking spray or softened butter
- caramel sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spraying evenly with baking spray or spreading a thin layer of softened butter evenly over the bottom and up the sides.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and cornstarch.
- In medium-sized bowl, add oats, pistachios, 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, and butter. Using a pastry blender or fingers, combine until butter is incorporated and ingredients are evenly crumbled together.
- Pour peach mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over top of peaches. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes until serving. Pour caramel sauce over individual portions if desired.