My favorite holiday meal is, hands down, Easter dinner. I love the glazed ham, cheesy potatoes, spring vegetables, and fruity desserts. Oh and the deviled eggs! I change up the veggies every year it seems and I’ve been wanting to experiment with roasted carrots. My recipe testing was a huge success and I am already excited to make my Sweet & Spicy Herb Roasted Carrots again.
Aren’t they gorgeous?! I absolutely love roasting vegetables, especially asparagus and brussel sprouts. It brings out the natural sweetness and the charred bits are so delicious. I’ve only ever roasted carrots once before and they turned into a shriveled mess. I don’t know what I did wrong then but I know these ones are soooo right.
The honey and balsamic are perfect together and the cayenne adds the exact touch of spice that it needs for balance. The carrots caramelize and are brightened up with the fresh herbs. I made these in the middle of the afternoon and ate the equivalent of four whole carrots. I couldn’t get enough!
How to Make Sweet & Spicy Herb Roasted Carrots
I don’t have many process pictures because the recipe is so simple and easy. First, peel and slice whole carrots lengthwise. You can cut them in half again to make shorter pieces as well but I think they are so prettier this way. Baby carrots can also be used but they aren’t nearly as flavorful as whole carrots.
Place the carrots on a baking sheet then prepare the sauce. I also lined my baking sheet with non-stick foil to make clean up even easier. Make the sauce by whisking together balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, fresh garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and parsley.
Pour the sauce over the carrots then place sprigs of fresh thyme on top.
Place in a 375 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes. Use tongs to flip the carrots over then continue roasting for 15-20 more minutes or until tender. They are the best carrots I’ve ever had!
More Easter Side Dishes to Try
Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale April 6-19: olive oil, carrots, balsamic vinegar, honey
Sweet & Spicy Herb Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb fresh whole carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place carrots on a baking sheet. Line with parchment or non-stick foil first if desired for easier clean up.
- In a small bowl, add oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, parsley, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine then pour over carrots. Place sprigs of thyme on top of carrots.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Use tongs to turn carrots over then roast for 15-20 more minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle more fresh herbs on top if desired.
- Baby carrots can be used as well. Halve them lengthwise if they are “fatter.”
Leave a Reply