These aren’t your mama’s brussel sprouts. I say that because my mom would boil them until they were mush and slather them in butter. These Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Roasted Garlic Aioli could easily turn a hater into a lover! Parmesan and panko crusted brussel sprouts with an amazing aioli loaded with roasted garlic. Yum!
You could serve these as is roasted with the crispy coating and they are so good but the aioli takes them to the next level. Maybe a few levels! Also, roasting garlic is so simple!
How to Make Roasted Garlic Aioli
Let’s start with the aioli because it takes longer to prepare than the brussel sprouts. You’ll need to roast two head of garlic which takes about an hour. It is 100% worth it though and so simple. Slice the ends off of two head of garlic leaving the root end intact. Place them on a piece of tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap up.
You’ll know the garlic is done when the cloves are dark brown and soft like pictured.
Squeeze the soft cloves out of the heads of garlic and mash with a fork to make a paste. Then combine with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, Worcestershire, and cayenne.
Whisk together then place in the fridge while preparing the sprouts.
How to Prepare the Brussel Sprouts
First, cut off ends and trim off outer leaves of brussel sprouts then cut them in half. Place in a bowl.
Next, add melted butter, olive oil, shredded parmesan and panko bread crumbs. Toss to coat then pour onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Serving Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Roasted Garlic Aioli
My Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Roasted Garlic Aioli is the perfect appetizer or a side dish. The brussel sprouts are crispy and salty and the tangy sweet aioli takes them to the next level. My family loves these so much and I know you will too!
Also, the beautiful kitchen towel pictured is from Geometry! Use my code CHAR15 to save 15%. I am obsessed with all of their beautiful patterns!
More Appetizer Ideas
Puff Pastry Beef Taco Pinwheels
Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 2 whole heads garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off ends of garlic heads (opposite end of root end) about 1/2 inch and place on a piece of foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap up and seal into a packet. Place in oven to roast for 45-60 minutes or until garlic is brown and soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place brussel sprouts in a large bowl then drizzle with olive oil and melted butter. Add salt, pepper, parmesan and panko. Toss to combine.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Place in oven and roast for 15-25 minutes or until browned, crispy and tender.
- While brussel sprouts are roasting, make the aioli. Remove garlic cloves by either squeezing or using a small knife to pry out. Place on flat surface and mash using the tines of a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Dijon, and cayenne. Add garlic then stir to combine.
- When brussel sprouts are done, serve immediately with the roasted garlic aioli as a dipping sauce or drizzle.
Leave a Reply