I’m sharing a very special recipe with you this week! It was my mom’s who passed away over 10 years ago. My sister and I are so happy that she had so many recipes that were written in her handwriting. She wrote down all of her favorites and this Jalapeno Cheddar Bacon-Wrapped Chicken was rightfully one of them.
Look at that! Wow it really is as amazing as it looks. My mom’s original recipe was called “Corona Chicken” and for obvious reasons I needed to change it. Ha! I also wanted the title to be more descriptive. No idea where she got the name from because I Googled it and no recipes came up similar to this one.
When I made this recently, it took me right back to my teenage years when she would make it often. Juicy tender chicken, oozing cheese, jalapenos, bacon and teriyaki sauce are the ultimate combo!
Your Grocery List
This is the easiest recipe ever because there are only five ingredients!
- Chicken breasts
- Colby Jack cheese
- Fresh jalapenos
- Teriyaki glaze
You’ll also need salt and pepper but I’m sure you already have those.
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
First, pound out the chicken breasts until they are about 1/2 inch thick then sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Next add cheese and jalapeno to them as pictured.
Roll the chicken up then wrap in three slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks!
How to Grill
Finally, fire up your grill to medium-high heat then place these bundles of yumminess on. Turn after about 10 minutes then start basting with teriyaki every 5-7 minutes until chicken is done.
The cheese might start to ooze out a little towards the end but it’s ok. There’s plenty! The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bacon-Wrapped Chicken is so incredible delicous! My family went nuts over it and can’t wait for me to make it again. I think it will be making another appearance at our Memorial Day BBQ in a couple of weeks. Make it soon and let me know what you think!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale May 11-17: chicken breasts, bacon, jalapeno peppers, teriyaki sauce
Jalapeno Cheddar Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
- Grill (any kind)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-6 oz cheddar, monterrey jack or colby jack cheese, sliced into "sticks"
- 1 fresh jalapeno (more if you like spice), seeded and diced small
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki glaze (or sauce)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts on a flat surface then add 2-3 sticks of cheese and a teaspoon or so of diced jalapeno.
- Roll up then wrap outside with three slices of bacon. Secure with 3-4 toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place chicken bundles on hot grill then flip over after 10 minutes. Brush with teriyaki sauce then continue to baste every 5-7 minutes until chicken is done. When internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees, remove from grill and serve.