Drool worthy, sweet, spicy, crispy, juicy, savory…I could keep going with amazing adjectives for this recipe! My Hot Honey Baked Drumsticks are, hands down, my favorite FAVORITE new chicken recipe. If you haven’t jumped on the hot honey trend, you really should. I love adding it to biscuits, pizza, vegetables, cheese boards, chicken, etc. This recipe is so simple and insanely delicious!
Chicken drumsticks are inexpensive and easy to work with. The prices of meat right now are so crazy! There’s really no prep to the chicken at all because the skin is left on. Season the chicken with a dry rub of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper first. Then make the hot honey with honey, butter, Tabasco, and Worcestershire. Brush that on and bake until crispy! Easy!
Your Grocery List
You probably have most of this already but here’s what you’ll need:
- 8-10 drumsticks
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Honey (raw and unfiltered is best)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parsley (optional)
How to Make Hot Honey Baked Drumsticks
For the dry rub you’ll need garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
The easiest way for me to add to the chicken is to place the drumsticks in a large bowl, sprinkle on the seasoning, and use tongs to toss around and coat evenly. Do it however you like though!
Next, place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Use non-stick foil if you have it!
Make the hot honey by adding honey, butter, Tabasco and Worcestershire to a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium and cook for a few minutes until everything is melted and stirred together. You can control the spice with the amount of Tabasco that you add.
Reserve about 1/4 cup of the hot honey mixture then brush the remaining on the drumsticks.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees. Place on a platter and drizzle with reserved hot honey. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired. So yummy!
My husband FREAKED over these Hot Honey Baked Drumsticks to put it mildly. He might have eaten four drumsticks! They are easy, just the right amount of spicy and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. I served them with baked potatoes and fresh green beans. The best dinner! I can’t wait for you to experience these too!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale October 28-27: drumsticks, Tabasco, butter, worcestershire sauce
Hot Honey Baked Drumsticks
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or more if you like spicy)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (good quality)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or more if you like spicy)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a sheet tray with non stick foil. Set aside.
- Place drumsticks in a large bowl. Mix seasonings in a small bowl then sprinkle on to the chicken. Use tongs to toss and coat evenly with the spice mixture. Place drumsticks on the lined sheet tray.
- Add honey, butter, Worcestershire, and Tabasco to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes or until ingredients are melted and stirred together. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons.
- Brush remaining hot honey on the drumsticks. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. If desired, turn on broiler at the end for a few minutes for even crispier skin.
- Place drumsticks on a platter, drizzle with reserved honey and garnish with parsley.
- These would work great grilled or air fried as well.
Leave a Reply