Pumpkin everything season is here! I’m starting out with a bang with my Pumpkin Brownie Pie! I love the combo of chocolate and pumpkin and if you do too, you’re going to LOVE this. A classic graham cracker crust is filled with a fudgy dark brownie layer AND a pumpkin custard layer. I don’t think I’ll ever want a classic pumpkin pie after having this!
Don’t you want to dive in and grab a piece? This pie is the perfect blend of pumpkin spice and rich chocolate. The classic graham cracker crust is the best crunchy vessel for those flavors too!
Your Grocery List
- 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- Semisweet chocolate baking bar (like Bakers or Ghirardelli)
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Pumpkin puree
- Heavy cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make Pumpkin Brownie Pie
For this Pumpkin Brownie Pie, you can make your own classic graham cracker crust or use the shortcut of buying one premade. I used a premade one so whatever you use will be great. Start by making the brownie layer.
Over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together. If it’s all you have, use semi sweet chocolate chips but I prefer a higher quality bar for recipes like this.
Once the chocolate and butter are melted, remove the bowl from the double boiler and whisk in the sugar and salt. Next, whisk in eggs, vanilla, and flour until just combined.
Pour the brownie batter into the crust and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until just set. While it’s baking make the pumpkin custard.
Combine pumpkin puree, heavy cream, egg, vanilla extract, sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Pour it over the cooked brownie layer than bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until set. You will most likely need to place foil pieces or a pie crust shield around the edges during the last part of baking to prevent over-browning.
Let the pie cool on the counter for 20 minutes then place in fridge for 1-2 hours (or more) before serving. Top individual pieces with whipped cream.
Pumpkin Brownie Pie is easy, delicious, and the perfect pie for the fall season and upcoming holidays.
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale October 5-11: graham cracker crust, Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, butter, granulated sugar, Food Club eggs, all-purpose flour, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract
Pumpkin Brownie Pie
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
For the brownie layer:
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed or sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the pumpkin layer:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add enough water to fill a medium saucepan 1/2 inch. Heat to simmer.
- In a large, heat safe bowl, add chocolate and butter. Place over saucepan of water. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water directly. Cook, whisking often until the chocolate and butter are melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan then whisk in sugar and salt.
- Whisk in egg yolks, vanilla and flour until just combined then pour into graham cracker crust. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until just set.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk pumpkin, heavy cream, egg, vanilla, sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk until smooth. Pour over brownie layer then place back in oven for 12-15 minutes or until set. A slight jiggle is ok.
- Place foil or a pie crust shield around the edge of the crust during baking if needed to prevent over-browning.
- Let pie cool for 20-30 minutes on a cooling rack then place in refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Add whipped cream to individual servings.