I can’t get enough of apples this year! When apples are in season and at their peak it’s my favorite. I use them in savory recipes and of course, sweet ones! I’ve been dreaming up this Apple Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel for a few weeks and, oh my goodness y’all, it’s kind of amazing of I do say so.
I mean, can you even handle it??? This bread is buttery, sugary, full of warm spices, and loaded with apples! The pecan streusel is crunchy and adds the perfect amount of texture. I am IN LOVE!
Apple Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel is easy to make and so much fun too! Your house will smell amazing! This recipe calls for two loaves because one loaf will just never be enough. You could half the recipe but, trust me, you want two loaves!
Your Grocery List
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Ground ginger
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and soda
- Pink Lady or Granny Smith apples
How to Make Apple Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel
Start by prepping two standard sized loaf pans by brushing with softened butter then coating the butter with granulated sugar. This adds another layer of flavor and is way better than cooking spray. My loaves popped right out!
Next, make the brown sugar cinnamon mixture that will go in between the batter. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
After that, make the pecan streusel by combining butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. It will be a “wet” streusel but trust me, it turns out amazing.
Finally, make the batter by combining eggs, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and diced apples. The batter will be very thick.
Assembling the Loaves
To assemble, add 1/4 of the batter to each pan and carefully spread it out.
Next sprinkle half of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture over each pan. Use all of it!
Next, divide remaining batter into the two pans and carefully spread. It’s thick but don’t worry about it being perfect. It will all bake together perfectly.
Top each loaf with half of the pecan streusel. Use it all! Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
Make sure not to overbake. For the last 10 minutes, place a sheet of tin foil loosely over the top to prevent overbrowning.
More Apple Recipes to Try
Turkey Apple Swedish Meatballs
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale September 21-27: pink lady apples, all purpose flour, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs
Apple Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel
- 2 standard size loaf pans 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches
Loaf pan prep:
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the streusel:
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the spice layer:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare two standard sized loaf pans by adding 2 tablespoons softened butter to each. Use a brush or fingers to spread and coat inside of pan. Add one tablespoon sugar to each and turn pan to coat the butter with sugar. Set aside.
- Make streusel by combining butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a bowl. Use fingers or two forks to blend until mixed well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or by hand, mix together eggs and granulated sugar. Slowly add in melted butter and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined well. Fold in apples. Batter will be thick.
- Add 1/4 apple batter to each pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture to each loaf.
- Divide and add remaining batter to loaves and spread carefully and evenly. Add half of the pecan streusel to the top of each loaf.
- Places loaves in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Place a large piece of tin foil loosely across the top of loaves and bake for another 10 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20-25 minutes before enjoying.
Mix in the eggs???
In the ingredient list, you have not included egg(s). How many did you use? We are in the middle of making the Apple Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel and found area in the instruction 3. … mix together eggs and granulated sugar.
I fixed it. So sorry!
This recipe is absolutely incredible. I’ve made it twice now and folks just go nuts for it. I brought it to work earlier this week and two of my coworkers who are confirmed non-sweets-lovers (somehow they exist), both tried it and then went back for seconds. One of those was my boss who is rarely interested in anything sweet, but he’s now asked me to bake him and his family two loaves to take with them on vacation!
In terms of my experience, I will just add that both times I have made this, it takes about 50-55 minutes to fully bake in my oven. The recipe portion suggests it may only take 35, but be prepared to keep baking quite a bit longer depending on your oven. It will be worth it!
Thank you so much for your rave review! And good to know about the cooking time.