Let’s make some fancy potatoes y’all! It’s the holidays so we have a great excuse. These Rosemary Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes are what dreams are made of. They are full of butter, sour cream, Gruyere cheese, Parmesan, fresh rosemary and garlic. Oh, and the second best thing after being insanely delicious? They are super easy and fun to make!
Aren’t they so pretty? For years I have made an au gratin potato recipe with these same flavors that is always a hit. My family also really loves twice baked potatoes so I decided to combine the two. The result was outstanding if I do say so!
These Rosemary Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes would be amazing with any main dish protein but I think the best pairing would be with a baked ham or prime rib. Your holiday table NEEDS these!
Your Grocery List
- Russet potatoes
- Sour Cream
- Gruyere cheese
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh garlic
How to Make Rosemary Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
First, you have to bake the potatoes. This recipe calls for four large or six small potatoes – about 2 1/2 lbs total. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment, coat potatoes lightly with a high heat oil (canola, vegetable or avocado) then sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Next, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Put skins back onto baking sheet.
Now you’re going to add all the yummy ingredients to flavor those potatoes. Add butter first then mash to get it melted and incorporated well. Then add sour cream, Gruyere, Parmesan, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Mix well then scoop into potato skins. Top with a little extra Parmesan and rosemary.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Rosemary Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes are a must for the holidays! They are beautiful, elegant, scrumptious and simple to make. You can even assemble them in advance, store in the fridge, then pop them into the oven when you’re ready to bake them.
I hope that you all have the most wonderful holiday season! Thank you for all of the love and support here at “Charlotte Shares” this year. It has been incredible! I’ll see you in 2023!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale December 14-27: butter, canola oil, Parmesan, sour cream
Rosemary Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes (about 4 large or 6 small)
- 2-3 tablespoons canola or avocado oil
- Coarse kosher salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed or sliced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons shredded parmesan, divided
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped and divided
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Drizzle oil over clean russet potatoes then brush (or rub) to coat evenly. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle all sides with a light coating of salt. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise then scoop flesh into a large bowl. Place skins back on baking sheet.
- To the bowl, add butter then use a masher to make potatoes smooth and incorporate the butter.
- Add sour cream, Gruyere, 1/2 cup parmesan, garlic, 3 tablespoons rosemary, salt (to taste) and pepper. Mix well. Scoop potato mixture into potato skins. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and rosemary.
- Reduce heat to 350 °. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly golden brown.