I don’t even want to say it but it’s almost time for school to start. I’ve been thinking a lot about those busy mornings and trying not stress. One thing that helps reduce the craziness of those mornings is an easy, healthy, very quick breakfast. I created these Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups just for that!
Two things on my “recipe idea list” lead me to create these…my garden bruschetta and healthy egg muffins. I fused the two ideas and oh my goodness we are in LOVE with these. They are everything you’d find in a classic bruschetta: crusty bread, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and parmesan. Combine that with an egg custard and some mozzarella then magic happens. Of course we always top our bruschetta with balsamic glaze so we tried it on these too and it’s a must. Amazing!
Making the Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups
You can’t have bruschetta without crusty bread so I cubed up half a loaf of french bread from my grocery store’s bakery. I let it sit out for a bit to dry out more. Then I sprayed a muffin tin and added 3 cubes to each section.
Next, I whipped up some eggs and added milk, tomatoes, basil, parmesan, garlic, mozzarella, salt and pepper.
I scooped this mixture over the bread cubes and baked. So so easy!
Looked how beautiful they are! My Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups turned out so fluffy and delicious! We had them for dinner with a Caesar salad on the side and it was actually the perfect meatless dinner.
Perfect for Back-to-School Breakfast
The main reason my Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups are so perfect for those crazy school mornings is…you can FREEZE them! I tested it out for you and they freeze beautifully. Just take a couple out of the freezer bag, put on a plate, and microwave for 30 second intervals until heated through. Tasted like they were fresh out of the oven!
My Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups are ideal for breakfast, brunch, or a light dinner. They are loaded with the bright flavors of garden fresh bruschetta in the convenience of an egg cup. These are a must make!
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale the week of August 4-10: eggs, milk, tomatoes, parmesan, mozzarella
More Breakfast Ideas
Bruschetta Bread Pudding Cups
- 1/2 loaf french bread, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (any variety), diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or julienned
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Balsamic glaze (pre-bottled), optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or a light coating of olive oil.
- Place 3-4 cubes of bread into each muffin cup.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in tomatoes, basil, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, salt and pepper. Scoop about 1/3 cup egg mixture over bread cubes in each muffin cup.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and eggs are set.
- To serve, top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze if desired.
- To freeze, cool completely then place in freeze bag or container of choice. To enjoy again, place 1-2 frozen bread pudding cups on a plate and heat in 30 second intervals until heated through.