Are you a fan of Indian food? My family and I love it so much and I enjoy making it at home. There are many complex flavors in Indian food but with the help of some flavorful spices, it’s actually really easy. My Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is our favorite! Easy prep and the most delicious results!
You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs for this recipe. Add them to a slow cooker then toss in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garam masala, curry powder, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. When it’s done, shred the meat then pour in a little coconut milk or heavy cream. Serve over rice and dinner is done!
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
I didn’t take many process pictures because there weren’t many to take. It’s seriously so easy! Let’s start with the spices. Garam masala is classic Indian spice blend of cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, mace, bay leaves, fennel, coriander, and chili powder. Years ago I would have to go to an Indian market to buy it but now it’s readily available. Even McCormick makes it!
Garam masala plus curry powder give this Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala the Indian flavor that we all know and love.
Add chicken to your slow cooker then top with all of the ingredients. Once it’s done, shred the chicken with two forks while its still in the slow cooker. Next, add either 3/4 cup of coconut milk or heavy cream. We prefer coconut milk for the extra flavor that it brings.
Serve over rice with a side of naan bread and a veggie then dinner is complete. We LOVE this and I make it often. Hope you love it too!
More Slow Cooker Favorites
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pork
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy
Sponsored post for Lee’s Marketplace. Ingredients on sale January 12-18: chicken breasts, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, canned coconut milk
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala spice blend
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, garam masala and curry powder. Add onion, garlic, crushed tomato and tomato paste. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-7 hours.
- Once done and chicken is tender, shred (while in slow cooker) with two forks. Add coconut milk or heavy cream and stir to combine. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.
Hey Charlotte, what kind of coconuts milk do you use?
Any canned kind. Shake it up first!
This tiki masala recipe is awesome! This dish tastes so much like Tandoori oven’s in Logan. I will DEFINITELY be making this again!
So happy you loved it! Thanks for the review!